Problems with activating SketchUp licenseWebmaster
You may experience problems while activating your SketchUp license. Then probably one of the situations below applies to you:
- Your serial number and authorization codes may not match the SketchUp Pro version you are trying to activate. So read the email with your license information carefully.
- You are offline. Make sure you have a working Internet connection during authorization.
- You have insufficient rights. If you are working with Windows: right-click on the SketchUp Pro icon and click ‘Run as Administrator’. When working on a Mac: make sure you drag SketchUp Pro from the disk image to your ‘Applications’ folder as well.
- Internet ports 80, 8080, 443, 5053 and 50530 are closed on your network. Open it up in your firewall.
- Your firewall does not allow the domains *.sketchup.com or *.google.com. Make an exception in your firewall for this.
- There are problems with your browser. In fact, for some functions, SketchUp Pro borrows the browser on your operating system. This is always Internet Explorer on Windows and Safari on Mac, even if you have another browser set as default. Possible solutions:
- Make sure this browser is updated to the latest version.
- Make this browser (temporarily) your default browser.
- Activate Java on your system.
- Lower the security settings for Internet access.
- Empty the browser cache.
- Clear your browser cookies.
- You’re using a Proxy. There is unfortunately no solution to this at this time since proxies are not supported.